[net.sources.mac] Printdriver

jemi@sun_d.UUCP (Jesper Mikkelsen) (04/29/86)

Does anybody out there know if it is possible to
make a mac to a printserver for other mac's on
appletalk-network ?
The server-routine must get the requests
from appletalk (printer-port) and
send the data to the printer (modem-port), while
the mac is still availabel for normal use; just
as the disk-server.
Of course there must be applications on the other
mac's to communicate with this server.

If you know about this fancy little thing please
tell me how or where I get it, or how it can be
made, or if you already have it send it.

Perhaps there are other who need it.

     Thanks in advance.
         Jesper Mikkelsen.

berner@Navajo.UUCP (05/03/86)

In article <297@sun_d.UUCP> jemi@daimi.UUCP () writes:

>Does anybody out there know if it is possible to
>make a mac to a printserver for other mac's on
>appletalk-network ?

There is a program from InfoSphere called MacServe which allows
Macintoshes to share hard disks and imagewriters on the network.

It also provides printspooling to Imagewriters (and presumabely LaserWriters
in the future).

I think the program costs around $290.