[net.sf-lovers] inexial discontinuity

tra4@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Jonathan H. Traum) (11/26/86)

In article <400@rutgers.RUTGERS.EDU> nutto%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU writes:
>From: nutto%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU  (Andy Steinberg)
>
>As for when Zaphod got his third arm and second head the third arm is
>explained early in the first book of the trilogy. When Zaphod was
>traveling to the island in the hover-bubble it was said "and his third
>arm which he had had recently fitted under his second arm" so he did not
>get the third arm until after his visit to Earth. As for the second head
>in the first chapter of the second book Zaphod had to contact his
>grandfather for help, his grandfather was described as having two heads.
                          ^ great
>So i guess the explanation of the birdcage on his shoulder is a good one.

Ahh, but don't forget that his great grandfather is Zaphod Beeblebrox IV (that
accident with a contraceptive and a time machine, remember?), so the reason
that Zaphod's great grandfather has two heads could be because Zaphod had the
second head added (and perhaps the corresponding genetic surgery as well!)

By the way, I pity those of you who have never heard the radio version (the
BEST version! my opinion only, etc., etc.) and therefore don't know who the
Haguenenons (sp?) are, or how the Shoe Event Horizon works!!

						Jonathan Traum
						tra4@sphinx.uchicago.bitnet
						...ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!tra4
						(or something like that)