[net.sources.mac] x2macbin question

mlr@hounx.UUCP (M.ROBINS) (07/28/86)

Awhile ago a program called x2macbin was posted. In it is a function
call bzero that is not defined anywhere. Can anyone supply me with
1) a working version of this program, 2) a lsiting of the needed
function, 3) or describe what it is supposed to do, so I can write
my own.

			Thanks much,

				Mike Robins
				hounx!mlr
				(201) 949-4150

jimb@amdcad.UUCP (Jim Budler) (07/30/86)

In article <934@hounx.UUCP> mlr@hounx.UUCP (M.ROBINS) writes:
>Awhile ago a program called x2macbin was posted. In it is a function
>call bzero that is not defined anywhere. Can anyone supply me with
>1) a working version of this program, 2) a lsiting of the needed
>function, 3) or describe what it is supposed to do, so I can write
>my own.

I wrote and posted macbin, an xbin to macbinary program which may
somewhere have gotten renamed. It used bcopy a BSD library function.
The following is from stringlib, a public domain reimplementation of
the string libraries by Author : Richard A. O'Keefe. The entire library was
posted, I believe in mod.sources. Here is bcopy.c from it.
------------------------< not a shar, just edit>---------------------
/*  File   : bcopy.c
    Author : Richard A. O'Keefe.
    Updated: 23 April 1984
    Defines: bcopy()

    bcopy(src, dst, len) moves exactly "len" bytes from the source "src"
    to the destination "dst".  It does not check for NUL characters as
    strncpy() and strnmov() do.  Thus if your C compiler doesn't support
    structure assignment, you can simulate it with
	bcopy(&from, &to, sizeof from);
    BEWARE: the first two arguments are the other way around from almost
    everything else.   I'm sorry about that, but that's the way it is in
    the 4.2bsd manual, though they list it as a bug.  For a version with
    the arguments the right way around, use bmove().
    No value is returned.

    Note: the "b" routines are there to exploit certain VAX order codes,
    but the MOVC3 instruction will only move 65535 characters.   The asm
    code is presented for your interest and amusement.
*/

#include "strings.h"

#if	VaxAsm

void bcopy(src, dst, len)