[net.sf-lovers] Ackerman

oyster@uwmacc.UUCP (Vicarious Oyster) (11/26/86)

In article <906@zeus.UUCP> dant@tekla.tek.com (Dan Tilque) writes:
>Yesterday's Sunday Oregonian had an article about a possible sale
>of the Ackerman sci-fi collection to a group in Cleveland.  Except
>for a period after the his middle initial, it looked like a press
>release written by Ackerman himself.  (As I understand it, Ackerman
>likes his name written: Forrest J(no period) Ackerman.)

   Not being a Sci-Fi (that's just for the easily riled in the audience)
fan, but merely a voracious reader of said literature (that's another one),
I have read about Forry Ackerman in some of P. J. Farmer's great bad
novels.  I assumed that he was a fictional amalgam of the worst traits of
fandom all rolled into one character.  Now, I see that he may indeed be
a real person.  If so, is he like the fellow of the same name who appears
in the Farmer novels?  And, more importantly, would he be upset by my
"worst traits" description? :-)
--

 - Joel Plutchak
   uucp: {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!oyster

All hail Discordia!