[net.politics.theory] Silence on the net - The Death of "Janet" - Exile of DKMcK

baba@spar.UUCP (Baba ROM DOS) (05/13/85)

> >                                                  Oh well -- I'm sure
> >Janet believes that her hero trounced the opposition, and I'm touched
> >by her hero-worship.
> >
> >				 Richard Carnes
>
> Janet is not taken to hero-worship, and has been known to be quite nasty to
> me.
>
>                                Back later,
>                                DKMcK

As I had posted earlier, there was something fishy about these janet@cbosgd
articles.  I sent an enquiry to mark@cbosgd (Mark Horton), a well-known
USENET guru, asking him if such an account existed, and if not, from what
account "her" postings originated.  I was only somewhat surprised to receive
the following response from Mark.

    "Date: Sun, 12 May 85 20:05:15 edt
     From: decwrl!ihnp4!cbosgd!mark (Mark Horton)
     To: ihnp4!decwrl!spar!baba
     Subject: Re:  Phantom account at cbosgd?

     The forged postings appear to have come from cbosgd!dlm, whose login
     I have just cancelled.  Ditto for ratex!mck and a few other aliases.
     I gather that a BTL employee (Dennis McKiernan) turned his son loose
     on the system and mayhem ensued."

I would like to express to those who have enjoyed Daniel's rantings my
sincere apologies for causing his expulsion from the net.  That was
never my intention.  I had only wanted to confirm or refute my hunch
that "janet@cbosgd" was Daniel's invention and surrogate.

					Sigh,
						Baba