[net.politics.theory] Freedom of Speech and Assembly

In article <28200028@inmet.UUCP> nrh@inmet.UUCP writes:

>>And the third
>>important question: how do you prevent the rich from subverting a system in
>>which the right to property is supreme?

>The right to property is not "supreme" in the sense that it gives you
>other rights. In particular, a person who owns a million acres has
>no choices about what you do on your single acre.

I was using "Supreme" in the sense that it seems to me that when there is a
conflict between the right to private property and any other right, property
always wins.  If I have the wrong impression, then I'd like to see some
systematization of how you resolve the conflicts.

Charley Wingate   umcp-cs!mangoe

"You've disintegrated Einstein!"