[net.politics.theory] Taxation is theft social contracts

marks@Cascade.ARPA (09/24/85)

--
In article <767@cybvax0.UUCP> Mike Huybensz writes:

> I can liquidate properties and ownerships, and take my profits with me,
> and buy anew in my new nation.

Actually, you can't.  The IRS has imposed heavy restrictions on the
export of capital.  If it's above $5000, you must report it; if it's
above another limit, it requires federal approval.  Ditto if the nation
you're emigrating to is not on the federal list of favored nations,
such as Iran or North Korea.  Did you agree to this when you signed the
Social Contract?

Stuart Marks
--
Stuart Marks, Center for Integrated Systems, Stanford University
    {ucbvax,decvax}!decwrl!glacier!marks, marks@su-cascade.ARPA

"The definition of 'cultured' is being able to listen to the William Tell
Overture and not once think of the Lone Ranger."