[net.games.hack] Hack rings of tport control

play@turing.UUCP (01/21/85)

In article <21@gitpyr.UUCP> robert@gitpyr.UUCP (Robert Viduya) writes:

>> By the way, how the hell do you get a ring of teleport control
>> to DO anything having put it on????
>>

>Rings of Teleport Control do not have the ability to teleport you.  The
>merely allow you to control where you will end up after a teleport.  This
>is handy if you happen to stumble into a tport trap, or put on a ring of
>teleportation or eat a leprechaun (or some similar monster).

In the interest of future compatibility it may interest hackers of Hack
that in hack version 1.1 the command ^T will teleport you (of course only
if you have the power and ability to teleport at will).

jona@clyde.UUCP (Jon Allingham) (01/22/85)

> > Rings of Teleport Control do not have the ability to teleport you.  The
> > merely allow you to control where you will end up after a teleport.  This
> > is handy if you happen to stumble into a tport trap, or put on a ring of
> > teleportation or eat a leprechaun (or some similar monster).
>
> Can you selectively teleport to rooms that you haven't been to yet (i.e.
> you don't know where they are?) or teleport to someplace outside of
> a room or corridor?
>
> --
> Norm Pritchett - The Generic Hacker
> UUCP: ...!cbosgd!osu-eddie!pritch
> BITNET: TS0017@OHSTVMA

You can try to teleport somewhere where you haven't been, if it's not
legal it will say 'sorry' and put you wherever it wants. You also
can't teleport into doorways ( ie on a '+', I don't know why not )
--
Jon M. Allingham	(201)386-3466	AT&T Bell Laboratories-WH

"Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here!"