[net.games.hack] Weaponry in hack

huisjes@ark.UUCP (Michiel Huisjes) (01/21/85)

In article <1422@dalcs.UUCP> holmes@dalcs.UUCP (Ray Holmes) writes:
>> > Unlike rogue, the 2-H sword is not the end-all and be-all of the fighting
>> > world.  (The crysknife is, grab it if you ever get a wand of wishing.)
>>
>> If you get a wand of wishing, I recommend a pair of gloves and
>> a dead cockatrice.  Then try for a wand of wishing.
>> David Albert
>
>Wishing for a wand of wishing gets you a wand of wishing with 0 charges.
>
>				Ray

NO! wishing for a wand of wishing gives you one out of ten times a
wand of wishing with normal charges.
I suggest you wish for `a +3 crysknife' (not more than +3) and
`a +3 elven cloak'. If you think that you are going to escape the dungeon,
wish for `a diamond'. It's a lot of points.

			Michiel Huisjes.

breuel@harvard.ARPA (Thomas M. Breuel) (01/22/85)

Dead cockatrices decay, so I would not recommend you wish for one...
also, they don't hit too well. A crysknife and a plate mail are good
combinations. For the remaining wish, a ring of teleport control or
a ring of conflict is a good choice.

						Thomas.

jbs2896@acf4.UUCP (john sterling) (01/22/85)

So, what do you do with a dead cockatrice anyway?
			jbs

jona@clyde.UUCP (Jon Allingham) (01/23/85)

> > If you get a wand of wishing, I recommend a pair of gloves and
> > a dead cockatrice.  Then try for a wand of wishing.
> > David Albert
>
> Careful with the dead cockatrice.  If you are carrying near your limit, you
> can fall down stairs instead of walking down... (a friend got killed by his
> own cockatrice this way).
>
> 						-Dragon

Another problem is that corpses have a tendency to disappear after a
while and you'll be bare-handed w/o knowing it. If you wield a coc. don't
throw away a real weapon.

--
Jon M. Allingham	(201)386-3466	AT&T Bell Laboratories-WH

"Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here!"

black@unc.UUCP (Samuel Black) (01/25/85)

Dear Gabby -

I noticed that if you do a "/" on "w", it says that the teeth
of a long worm can be made into a crysknife.  I moved a worm
I killed and picked up a +2 wormtooth.  How do I go about
making it into a crysknife?  Do I need more than one tooth,
or what?

			Signed,
			  wondering.

mjc@cmu-cs-cad.ARPA (Monica Cellio) (01/28/85)

From: unc!black@randvax (Samuel Black)
>I noticed that if you do a "/" on "w", it says that the teeth
>of a long worm can be made into a crysknife.  I moved a worm
>I killed and picked up a +2 wormtooth.  How do I go about
>making it into a crysknife?  Do I need more than one tooth,
>or what?

Read a scroll of enchant weapon.

							-Dragon
--