[net.games.hack] more on wands of wishing

mjc@cmu-cs-cad.ARPA (Monica Cellio) (01/28/85)

From: utcsrgv!eugene@uw-beaver (Eugene Kligerman)
>Another interesting point:  Apparently, some of the charges in a wand of
>wishing are "blanks"  i.e. you zap the wand and nothing happens, and yet
>the number of charges remaining decreases by one.

A wand of wishes (normally) comes with three charges.  After you've used
them, you have (something like) a 1 in 121 shot of getting a wish on a
subsequent zap (I have gotten two more charges out of a supposedly "dead"
wand while waiting to teleport out of shops).  I have heard (but not
confirmed) that if you are exceedingly unlucky (eaten fido, killed shopkeeps,
that sort of thing) a wish might eat more than one charge.

							-Dragon
--
UUCP: ...ucbvax!dual!lll-crg!dragon
ARPA: monica.cellio@cmu-cs-cad or dragon@lll-crg