[net.games.hack] Amulets

alien@gcc-bill.ARPA (Alien Wells) (02/01/85)

In article <1052@princeton.UUCP> robison@princeton.UUCP (Tobias D. Robison) writes:
>My wife and I have scored over 30 million in games where we exited with
>7 and 8 amulets.  Where did all those amulets come from?  Ghosts.

You can also get an amulet by using a wand of wishing.  I did this once on
the first level.  But then, you don't want to stop there ... so I went on.
The amulet cuts down on your need for food, and I ended up choking on a
clove of garlic on about the 8th level.  I later got the amulet with another
character from the ghost ...

					Alien

breuel@harvard.ARPA (Thomas M. Breuel) (02/03/85)

> You can also get an amulet by using a wand of wishing.  I did this once on

Yes, but you'll only get a cheap plastic imitation... (try to identify it,
or leave the dungeon with it).

							Thomas.

huisjes@ark.UUCP (Michiel B. Huisjes) (02/04/85)

In article <227@gcc-bill.ARPA> alien@gcc-bill.UUCP (Alien Wells) writes:
>In article <1052@princeton.UUCP> robison@princeton.UUCP (Tobias D. Robison) writes:
>>My wife and I have scored over 30 million in games where we exited with
>>7 and 8 amulets.  Where did all those amulets come from?  Ghosts.
>
>You can also get an amulet by using a wand of wishing.  I did this once on
>the first level.  But then, you don't want to stop there ... so I went on.
>The amulet cuts down on your need for food, and I ended up choking on a
>clove of garlic on about the 8th level.  I later got the amulet with another
>character from the ghost ...
>
>					Alien

Nonsens!
If you get an amulet by using a wand of wishing, you will find out
(as soon as you identify it with a scroll of identify), that it is a cheap
plastic imitation(!) with a total worth of 2 points instead of 5000.
The amulet (and certainly not the imitation of the amulet) does not cut
down on your need for food.

--

			Michiel Huisjes.
			{seismo|decvax|philabs}!mcvax!vu44!ark!huisjes