[net.games.hack] Memory faults in Hack 1.0.1

ron@wjvax.UUCP (Ron Christian) (02/06/85)

We installed the 1.0.1 revisions of hack, and it has some nift.
However, we now get random memory faults now.  There is no "panic"
message, it just dumps you out of the game.  Because of the randomness,
the bug is kind of hard to track down.  Has anyone else had this
problem with the new revision of Hack?

We are a Vax 11/750 running 4.2 BSD.  Any help would be appreciated.
--

	Ron Christian  (Watkins-Johnson Co.  San Jose, Calif.)
	{pesnta,twg,ios,qubix,turtlevax,tymix}!wjvax!ron

play@turing.UUCP (02/07/85)

In article <345@wjvax.UUCP> ron@wjvax.UUCP (Ron Christian) writes:
>We installed the 1.0.1 revisions of hack, and it has some nift.
>However, we now get random memory faults now.

This has probably nothing to do with the following, but I should warn
people who change hack that there is a bug in the code in the makefile
that computes the dependencies. Thus, after a change in a header file,
it may be that not all files depending on it get recompiled. (Very
annoying, and corrected in 1.0.2; in the meanwhile you had better say
rm *.o after changing a headerfile; of course you can also fix the sed
script.)