[net.games.hack] Dog obedience training

toma@tekchips.UUCP (Tom Almy) (02/05/85)

I entered a shop with my trusty (?) Fido and plundered it since I had a
wand of digging.  But, lo and behold, when I left via my new exit, Fido did
not follow!  And I was even carrying Tripe rations!  I found a whistle and
that didn't work either!  Of course, that shop owner blocked the  main
entrance, so I couldn't leave that way.  Is Fido's disobedience a bug in
the code?  Is it possible he can't see the new exit?  As it turns out I died
when I later tried to retrieve him, wand of polymorph in hand.  I was done in
by two bands of Orcs (and my "Orcrist" sword wasn't up to the task!).

rob@ark.UUCP (Rob van Leeuwen) (02/09/85)

In article <268@tekchips.UUCP> toma@tekchips.UUCP (Tom Almy) writes:
>I entered a shop with my trusty (?) Fido and plundered it since I had a
>wand of digging.  But, lo and behold, when I left via my new exit, Fido did
>not follow!  And I was even carrying Tripe rations!  I found a whistle and
>that didn't work either! (...)

It's a shame you didn't try to enter the shop again through the old
(normal) entrance (assuming you did not aggravate Dirk the Shopkeeper).
He would let you in, you should have rested a while (hitting space/.), and
then your doggie would be adjacent to you.
Now say goodbye and leave.

--

					Rob van Leeuwen
					..!mcvax!vu44!botter!ark!rob