[net.games.hack] Wand o' Digging

srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (02/12/85)

In article <268@tekchips.UUCP> toma@tekchips.UUCP (Tom Almy) writes:
>I entered a shop with my trusty (?) Fido and plundered it since I had a
>wand of digging.  But, lo and behold, when I left via my new exit, Fido did
>not follow!  ...

Actually, no monsters will follow you through newly constructed tunnels.
You can use this to great effect.  Use your wand to create a new doorway
and then step into the tunnel one square past the doorway.  Monsters will
step into the doorway (and take a shot at you if they are "fast") but will
then just sit there while you beat them to death.  You'll have to step back
into the room occaisionally to lure another monster into the doorway.  This
is especially effective around killer bees, orcs, or if you have a wand of
create monster.

    Scott R. Turner
    UCLA Computer Science Department
    3531 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90024
    ARPA:  srt@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA
    UUCP:  ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt