[net.games.hack] Repost of hack

play@turing.UUCP (02/18/85)

To the question how hack 1.0.2 should be distributed (simple diff, context
diff or full source, possibly compacted) I have up to now received 113
replies. The majority (61) ask for a full repost, and only 4 deem a
compacted version acceptable. Many of these haven't got (all parts of) the
original distribution. A sizable minority (31) want a context diff,
14 want to see a simple diff, 4 tell me to distribute things via a
mailing list, and 3 tell me not to post at all:
> Oh, please!  Not another posting of hack!
> Couldnt you distribute it on tape somehow?  I mean,
> people here like the game, but its killing net.sources!

I will distribute hack 1.0.2 in its entirety, to net.sources.games
(or net.games.sources in case enough people think that this newsgroup
should be thus renamed). Some people asked for a posting to mod.sources,
but that seems less appropriate as long as there is no mod.sources.games.

I intend to start sending out portions of the source on April 1st, one
40K piece every other day.

I would be happy if some people could send me some more rumors.
You should be warned however that what was only rumor in version n tends
to become fact in version n+1.