[net.games.hack] More Suggested Hack Mods

srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (02/20/85)

Here are some more suggested hack mods:

(1) Let the wand of teleport away affect boulders as well.  This seems
reasonable, and makes the 27th level a little bit less frustrating.  Note
that the boulder might appear on top of someone, killing him.  Might also
let the wand of striking hit boulders, causing them to break up into a pile
of little rocks.

(2) The wand of make invisible should act as a flag, so that using it against
an invisible creature makes the creature visible.  Mildly useful, and not
overbalanced.

(3) Create a new wand - wand of throwing.  Zapped on a creature, this would
cause the creature to be thrown in that direction:

	The hobgoblin hits the wall --More--

Possible variants of this:

  (a) Force the creature to be thrown a certain number of squares, and
      riccochet him ala bolts if there isn't enough room.  Creature takes
      1D6 damage with every collision.  If he hits another creature, then
      they both take the damage and the second creature gets the remaining
      momentum.  Bumper pool, in other words.

  (b) If the creature is large, then have the wand act on the user. I.e.,
      you can bump around small creatures, but if you try it on a dragon,
      you get thrown backwards.

  (c) If the creature makes its saving throw, then you get thrown.

  (d) If the wand is cursed, then you get thrown.

Of course, this wand should also work on boulders.

    Scott R. Turner
    UCLA Computer Science Department
    3531 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90024
    ARPA:  srt@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA
    UUCP:  ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt

play@mcvax.UUCP (Andries Brouwer) (02/24/85)

In article <3985@ucla-cs.ARPA> srt@ucla-cs.UUCP writes:
>Here are some more suggested hack mods:
>
>(1) Let the wand of teleport away affect boulders as well.

I just implemented that for version 1.0.2.

>... more suggestions ...

Saved for later.