[net.games.hack] Another Hack mod

colonel@gloria.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman) (02/25/85)

["In the service of Virman Vundabar we learn perfection!"]

Another convenient mod, and an easy one, is to let the user specify
a character on the command line:

	hack -T		# tourist
	hack -W		# wizard (garden variety)

and so on.  We've done it here....
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
...decvax!sunybcs!gloria!colonel

alex@sdcsvax.UUCP (Alex Pournelle) (03/01/85)

Who is the author of HACK, and where can he be reached?  I know both of
these questions have been answered in net.hack but I didn't save them.
Could someone please tell me how (mail will do)?  Thanks.

Alex

robert@gitpyr.UUCP (Robert Viduya) (03/03/85)

Posted from  colonel@gloria.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman)
> Another convenient mod, and an easy one, is to let the user specify
> a character on the command line:
>
> 	hack -T		# tourist
> 	hack -W		# wizard (garden variety)

Hack already has this built in.  Use the -u option.  Admittedly you have to
give it a player name first, but it is there:

	hack -u robert-w	# player name = robert, character = wizard
	hack -u Gandalf-t	# player name = Gandalf, character = tourist

			robert
--
Robert Viduya
Georgia Institute of Technology

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert

play@mcvax.UUCP (Andries Brouwer) (03/11/85)

In article <191@gitpyr.UUCP> robert@gitpyr.UUCP (Robert Viduya) writes:
>><
>Posted from  colonel@gloria.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman)
>> Another convenient mod, and an easy one, is to let the user specify
>> a character on the command line:
>>
>> 	hack -T		# tourist
>> 	hack -W		# wizard (garden variety)
>
>Hack already has this built in.  Use the -u option.  Admittedly you have to
>give it a player name first, but it is there:
>
>	hack -u robert-w	# player name = robert, character = wizard
>	hack -u Gandalf-t	# player name = Gandalf, character = tourist

-- In version 1.0.2 I adopted colonels's suggestion.
-- Robert is right, but only when you call hack directly, not when you use
   the shell file. In 1.0.2 both work.