[net.games.hack] YAHS

augustss@chalmers.UUCP (Lennart Augustsson) (03/05/85)

[]
   Make it possible to use the wand of digging to dig downwards, creating
a number of trapdoors above each other.

--
Any resemblance of the opinions above to real opinions, living or dead,
is purely coincidential.

ron@wjvax.UUCP (Ron Christian) (03/30/85)

****
   Make it possible to use the wand of digging to dig downwards, creating
a number of trapdoors above each other.
	Lennart Augustsson
****

Yeah!  And a chance that you will break a leg or something if you fall
down more than a couple of levels.

I think it would be appropriate if you could blast holes upward as well.
Of course, it would be harder to climb up a hole in the ceiling than
to use the stairs.

I wonder if there is any convenient way to be able to use this trick
to lay traps for monsters?
	Ron Christian  (Watkins-Johnson Co.  San Jose, Calif.)
	{pesnta,twg,ios,qubix,turtlevax,tymix,vecpyr,isi,idx}!wjvax!ron
	"But it won't let me make a directory called R&D!"

rjs@bonnie.UUCP (spider) (04/01/85)

	I think it would be appropriate if you could blast holes upward as well.
	Of course, it would be harder to climb up a hole in the ceiling than
	to use the stairs.

What a great use for a scroll of levitation.

	Robert Snyder
	bonnie!rjs

ryan@ucla-cs.UUCP (04/07/85)

Quite a while back, somebody came up with the suggestion that there
should be some kind of traps you could set such as a type of bomb that
would explode...
	I suggest we make a new weapon which would be something like
the bomb device.... The weapon is called a calthrope (ancient weapon
which is simply a ball with many jagged spikes sticking out.)
This could be used two (possibly 3 ways)
1> wielded as a weapon (which because it is so sharp will inflict damage
   upon the wielder when a monster is hit.
2> hurled at a monster.
3> it could be placed the ground in hope that a monster might stumble
   upon it which will slow it down and inflict damage......

		Ryan

srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (04/07/85)

In article <4687@ucla-cs.ARPA> Ryan Ramsey <ryan> writes:

>the bomb device.... The weapon is called a calthrope (ancient weapon
>which is simply a ball with many jagged spikes sticking out.)

I believe this is more commonly spelled "caltrop".  It looks like a jack,
except with pointed ends.  Good idea.

					-- Scott

ee163acp@sdcc13.UUCP (DARIN JOHNSON) (04/08/85)

> In article <4687@ucla-cs.ARPA> Ryan Ramsey <ryan> writes:
> >
> >the bomb device.... The weapon is called a calthrope (ancient weapon
> >which is simply a ball with many jagged spikes sticking out.)
> >

> I believe this is more commonly spelled "caltrop".  It looks like a jack,
> except with pointed ends.  Good idea.
>
> 					-- Scott

A friend of mine created a bunch of these out of bent nails to prevent
cattle rustling.  Worked great until someone required him to post danger
signs.