[net.games.hack] Getting rid of cursed weapons

ab@unido.UUCP (04/19/85)

Subject: Getting rid of cursed weapons (SPOILER)

In the new hack distribution you can get rid of a cursed weapon
when you engrave something on the floor with your fingers.

Here is a fix for this bug. - Add the starred lines to hack.engrave.c

	Andreas

--- hack.engrave.c line 131: ---
>       /* one may write with finger, weapon or wand */
>       otmp = getobj("#-)/", "write with");
>       if(!otmp) return(0);
*       if(uwep && uwep->cursed && uwep != otmp && otmp->otyp != WAN_FIRE) {
*               pline("Since your weapon is welded to your hand,");
*               pline("you use the %s", aobjnam(uwep, (char *) 0));
*               otmp = uwep;
*       }
>       if(otmp == &zeroobj) {

---
Andreas Bormann                 ihnp4!decvax!mcvax!unido!ab
University of Dortmund          N 51 29' 05"   E 07 24' 42"
West Germany

aeb@mcvax.UUCP (Andries Brouwer) (04/19/85)

In article <nf38300004@unido.UUCP> ab@unido.UUCP writes:
>Subject: Getting rid of cursed weapons (SPOILER)
>
>In the new hack distribution you can get rid of a cursed weapon
>when you engrave something on the floor with your fingers.

Yes, and as duvel!frans remarked, the same happens when you start digging
with a pick-axe.
A third bug is that armor is (by mistake) much cheaper than it used to be.
Since each of these three bugs is in the advantage of the player - I shall
wait until serious bugs are noticed before sending out an update.

ab@unido.UUCP (04/19/85)

Annother way to get rid of a cursed waepon is to use the pick-axe.

Here is a fix for this bug. - Add the starred lines to hack.apply.c

	Andreas

--- hack.apply.c line 328: ---
>       if(obj != uwep) {
*               if(uwep && uwep->cursed) {
*                       pline("Since your weapon is welded to your hand,");
*                       pline("you cannot use the pick-axe");
*                       return(1);
>               pline("You now wield %s.", doname(obj));
>               setuwep(obj);
>               res = 1;
>       }

---