[net.games.hack] Cursor control in HACK

darrell@sdcsvax.UUCP (Darrell Long) (04/20/85)

*** REPLACE THIS TERMINAL WITH A VT-220 ***

I just got HACK 1.0.2 working, well, somewhat...  The cursor does not
always  work right for my Hazeltine 1500.  Now, before you say for me
to  ``Go  out and get a real terminal'', I mention that previous HACK
versions did work; as do rogue and the rest.  What goes on here?

| "There's nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a |
|  man in the depths of an ethernet binge..." -HST                     |
Darrell Long
University of California, San Diego

USENET: sdcsvax!darrell
ARPA:   darrell@sdcsvax

ee163acp@sdcc13.UUCP (DARIN JOHNSON) (04/20/85)

In article <800@sdcsvax.UUCP>, darrell@sdcsvax.UUCP (Darrell Long) writes:
> *** REPLACE THIS TERMINAL WITH A VT-220 ***
>
> I just got HACK 1.0.2 working, well, somewhat...  The cursor does not
> always  work right for my Hazeltine 1500.  Now, before you say for me
> to  ``Go  out and get a real terminal'', I mention that previous HACK
> versions did work; as do rogue and the rest.  What goes on here?

Ok, replace the above with adm3a also.  At 1200 baud, it would seem more
logical to print the top line over whatever is there, rather than
spending time simulating a clear to end of line.  Maybe the old version
had been hacked over, but I don't remember this problem before.