mjc@cmu-cs-cad.ARPA (Monica Cellio) (01/28/85)

From: uwvax!pruhs@seismo (Kirk Pruhs)
>Does anyone out there know the syntax for using a wand of wishing?

You zap the wand and when it asks you what you want, you give it an item
exactly the way it would be listed in your inventory (if you had identified
it). For example, "a +3 elven cloak", "3 scrolls of genocide", "a ring of
teleport control", "3 potions of gain level", etc.  Note that "3" is the
magic number; if you go higher than that (in quantity or plusses) you lose.
Also, I don't think you can do something like "3 +3 crysknives"; you get one
number.

							-Dragon
--
UUCP: ...ucbvax!dual!lll-crg!dragon
ARPA: monica.cellio@cmu-cs-cad or dragon@lll-crg

johnsi@lasspvax.UUCP (John Sievers) (01/30/85)

In article <> mjc@cmu-cs-cad.ARPA (Monica Cellio) writes:
>From: uwvax!pruhs@seismo (Kirk Pruhs)
>>Does anyone out there know the syntax for using a wand of wishing?
>
>You zap the wand and when it asks you what you want, you give it an item
>exactly the way it would be listed in your inventory (if you had identified
>it). For example, "a +3 elven cloak", "3 scrolls of genocide", "a ring of
>teleport control", "3 potions of gain level", etc.  Note that "3" is the
>magic number; if you go higher than that (in quantity or plusses) you lose.
>Also, I don't think you can do something like "3 +3 crysknives"; you get one
>number.

not true! I've gotten +6 plate mail every time I've asked for it!
>							-Dragon
>--
>UUCP: ...ucbvax!dual!lll-crg!dragon
>ARPA: monica.cellio@cmu-cs-cad or dragon@lll-crg

--
...The last bug in sight,
   one small ant passing by,

cornell!lasspvax!johnsi

mcewan@uiucdcs.UUCP (02/12/85)

>>You zap the wand and when it asks you what you want, you give it an item
>>exactly the way it would be listed in your inventory (if you had identified
>>it). For example, "a +3 elven cloak", "3 scrolls of genocide", "a ring of
>>teleport control", "3 potions of gain level", etc.  Note that "3" is the
>>magic number; if you go higher than that (in quantity or plusses) you lose.
>>Also, I don't think you can do something like "3 +3 crysknives"; you get one
>>number.
>
>not true! I've gotten +6 plate mail every time I've asked for it!

I've done some experimenting as the wizard and found that +7 plate mail
always works, "3 +3 crysknives" sometimes works and sometimes gives
you 3 -3 crysknives (does anyone know if weilding 3 weapons works any
better than weilding one?). You can only wish for one wand at a time,
3 of anything else, and +3 anything always seems to work.

			Scott McEwan
			{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!mcewan

"Uh oh. Looks like we got a 666 down there - diety on a rampage."

black@unc.UUCP (Samuel Black) (02/14/85)

In article <uiucdcs.101400004> mcewan@uiucdcs.UUCP writes:

>I've done some experimenting as the wizard and found that +7 plate mail
>always works, "3 +3 crysknives" sometimes works and sometimes gives
>you 3 -3 crysknives (does anyone know if weilding 3 weapons works any
>better than weilding one?). You can only wish for one wand at a time,
>3 of anything else, and +3 anything always seems to work.

Incorrect.  I have wished for +3 gloves and +3 crysknifes and
gotten -3 stuff.  I had to go to +2 to get the stuff.  The actual
scenario involved a) wishing for a +3 crysknife, b) enchanting
it until it evaporated, c) wishing for another +3 crysknife.
The second one was ALWAYS -3.  Also, you don't need the article
to wish for something.  "wand of digging" and "a wand of digging"
are the same thing.

A note of caution - make sure you're not totally loaded up when
you wish.  If you are, you'll get "Unfortunately, nothing happens"
when you wish.

lazarus@sunybcs.UUCP (Daniel G. Winkowski) (02/17/85)

> >>You zap the wand and when it asks you what you want, you give it an item
> >>exactly the way it would be listed in your inventory (if you had identified
> >>it).
---------
has anyone tried wishing for a wand of wishing?
--
--------------
Today we live in the future,

robert@gitpyr.UUCP (Robert Viduya) (02/18/85)

Posted from  lazarus@sunybcs.UUCP (Daniel G. Winkowski)
> has anyone tried wishing for a wand of wishing?

Wishing for a wand of wishing gets you a wand of wishing.  With 0 charges.
--
Robert Viduya
Georgia Institute of Technology

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert

ryan@ucla-cs.UUCP (04/22/85)

After compiling hack I was given this instead of the game:

There is a game in progress under your name.

What is that and how will i be able to play again....

	Ryan

ee163acp@sdcc13.UUCP (DARIN JOHNSON) (04/22/85)

In article <4938@ucla-cs.ARPA>, ryan@ucla-cs.UUCP writes:
> After compiling hack I was given this instead of the game:
>
> There is a game in progress under your name.
>

> What is that and how will i be able to play again....

Remove a file from the hack directory that has your login name on
it.  If hack is ended without the normal Q command, it won't remove this
file.  I had this problem for a long time while trying to debug the
source.