[net.games.hack] Cockatrices in backpacks

srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (05/24/85)

In article <2289@decwrl.UUCP> joel@decwrl.UUCP (Joel McCormack) writes:

>(Now, ripping off a ghost's backpack is another story...).

I found a cockatrice in a ghost's backpack recently.  Fortunately I had
gloves on.  I didn't bother to pick it up, and when I returned to the
backpack some time later, it was still there.  So the question is, do dead
cockatrices in backpacks decay like other corpses?  Or do they stick around?
If they stick around then they are immensely useful, for obvious reasons.
All you have to do is figure out how to get down the stairs without tripping
(which is a pretty stupid feature anyway, in my book).

    Scott R. Turner
    ARPA:  (now) srt@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA  (soon) srt@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
    UUCP:  ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt
    SPUDNET: ...eye%srt@russet.spud