[net.games.hack] cockatrice consistancy < Possible SPOILER >

bryan@galbp.UUCP (Bryan Ivey) (05/29/85)

In article <> rcj@burl.UUCP (R. Curtis Jackson) writes:
>> Here is another vote against the "I'm going to kill you no matter what"
>> monster the cockitrice.  After a little luck in killing the thing and
>> avioding the corpse, my dog picks it up and mixes it up with the other
>> corpses to my suprise.
>
>Overall viewpoint:
>Is it not true that it is the hissing and the terrible gaze of
>the cockatrice that cause death?  If so, why can a corpse affect
>you anyway.

I ENJOY killing a cockatrice!  Anytime, especially just before confronting
Dragons or Demons!!  They are such cute little critters to have around when
fully protected!

It is obvious that your characters are not properly outfitted to deal with
the cockatrice nor have you '/' (specified) 'c' and read the whole
description of the cockatrice.

I have found that after killing a cockatrice and 'doing my thing', even a
Dragon or a Demon only requires 1 (ONE, REPEAT, ONE) hit to kill him.  Of
course, it took quite a lot of trial and error to come across the right
combinations of weather, phases of the moon, etc., to be able to survive
an encounter with the cute little beastie!  Love those critters!

Of course, I am working on my 7th character to come out of the dungeon alive,
intact, and with the Amulet!  One each of the characters and now working on
the second of each type!

I will gladly swap my knowledge about cockatrice killing and advantages for
Hack 1.02!

mail on galbp as often as I should.  Too much trouble!

Bryan Ivey