[net.games.hack] Pick axes in shops - getting angry too soon

geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) (06/10/85)

In article <1189@uwmacc.UUCP> myers@uwmacc.UUCP (jeff m) writes:

>I suggest the installation of the fix which makes shopkeepers get angry anytime
>you are in their shop in the possession of a box or pickaxe.  Makes things
>more lively.  If you teleport in accidently, better start digging!

Ah, but that's not the way a real-world shopkeeper would behave.  If you
sneak the pickaxe in (hidden in your backpack, perhaps?), he wouldn't suddenly
notice it when you were inside.  He *would*, however, get angry when you
started digging.  I'd like to see a mod to get shopkeepers angry when you
make use of an "illegal" item.
--

	Geoff Kuenning
	...!ihnp4!trwrb!desint!geoff

west@sdcsla.UUCP (Larry West) (06/10/85)

In article <109@desint.UUCP> geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) writes:

>Ah, but that's not the way a real-world shopkeeper would behave.  If you
>sneak the pickaxe in (hidden in your backpack, perhaps?), he wouldn't suddenly
>notice it when you were inside.  He *would*, however, get angry when you
>started digging.  I'd like to see a mod to get shopkeepers angry when you
>make use of an "illegal" item.
>--
>
>	Geoff Kuenning
>	...!ihnp4!trwrb!desint!geoff

Real World Shopkeepers?   What are they doing down in that musty dungeon?
Hiding from the IRS?
--

Larry West			Institute for Cognitive Science
(USA+619-)452-6220		UC San Diego (mailcode C-015) [x6220]