[net.games.hack] Irritating Shopkeepers for Fun and Profit

kanner@tymix.UUCP (Herb Kanner) (06/07/85)

Having looted a shop and teleported out, I was dismayed by my carelessness
in accidentally hitting the shopkeeper who was playing the usual game of
following me around demanding payment.  So, I polymorphed him into a
quivering blob, and not knowing whether this was a superpowerful blob, I
dispatched it with a bolt of cold.  Guess what it was standing on.  Upward
of 3800 pieces of gold!

--
Herb Kanner
Tymnet, Inc.

kimcm@diku.UUCP (Kim Christian Madsen) (06/09/85)

In article <441@tymix.UUCP> kanner@tymix.UUCP (Herb Kanner) writes:
>                                     ...So, I polymorphed him into a
>quivering blob, and not knowing whether this was a superpowerful blob, I
>dispatched it with a bolt of cold.  Guess what it was standing on.  Upward
>of 3800 pieces of gold!

Hey, what did you expect?? When you drop items in the shop the shopkeeper
pays you money if the item has his interrest, Therefore he must have a bunch
of goldpieces to pay you -- You can dry the shopkeeper by selling him all
your items (if you have enough).
--
Kim Chr. Madsen   Datalogisk Institut (Institute of Datalogy)
		  University of Copenhagen

sean@ukma.UUCP (Sean Casey) (06/12/85)

Does a killing a polymorphed shopkeeper hurt your luck?

--

-  Sean Casey				UUCP:	{cbosgd,anlams,hasmed}!ukma!sean
-  Department of Mathematics		ARPA:	ukma!sean@ANL-MCS.ARPA