[net.games.hack] slippery hands

kyrimis@tilt.FUN (Kriton Kyrimis) (07/18/85)

*** REMOVE THIS LINE WITH YOUR SLIPPERY HANDS ***

I  suppose  you  all  know  that in hack 1.0.2, when you're in a shop, you can
<m>ove onto a piece of food and <e>at it, without the shopkeeper noticing it.

Well,  I  just moved onto a pile of two tins. I ate the first, which contained
salmon, and then tried to eat the second. To my amazement, the tin fell out of
my hands, and the shopkeeper PAID ME FOR IT!!! In fact he kept paying me until
my  hands  stopped being slippery. (If it's of any significance, I was playing
as a wizard, and my hands were -alas- empty). I didn't get exactly rich out of
the  situation, but I must have got at least 100 $ this way. If only one could
recognise tins before eating them...
--

	Kriton	(princeton!tilt!kyrimis)
------

chai@utflis.UUCP (Henry Chai) (07/20/85)

In article <324@tilt.FUN> kyrimis@tilt.FUN (Kriton Kyrimis) writes:

>Well,  I  just moved onto a pile of two tins. I ate the first, which contained
>salmon, and then tried to eat the second. To my amazement, the tin fell out of
>my hands, and the shopkeeper PAID ME FOR IT!!!

Also if you move onto a tin and start eating it, but was interrupted by
a monster, the tin will not be marked unpaid.  It seems that whenever you
stand on something and eat it (in a shop) the item will be added to your
pack without you having to pay for it.
--
Henry Chai
Faculty of Library and Information Science, U of Toronto