[net.games.hack] New and *interesting* command

guy@h-sc1.UUCP (alfred guy) (07/30/85)

Someone here discovered a new possible hack command, and I was wondering
if anyone out there has tried it, or is interested in "hacking" around
with it to make something happen.

If you type a # it will appear up in the left corner of your screen.
If you then type the word "dip," and return, you will receive the prompt:

What would like to dip? (letters corresponding to your weapons)

After you give a response, for instance the number of an arrow you
happen to be holding, you get the return prompt:

What would you like to dip into? (letters corresponding to your potions)

When you give a letter in answer, you get the following message:

Interesting...

But nothing happens!  There are many suppositions here about what this
could mean, but noone can get it to go any farther.  The most interesting
speculation is that perhaps you can write on a scroll of blank paper,
but all tests thus far have gone no farther than the "Interesting" message.

Any ideas?  Or answers?  This is a good one, I think.

--

-------------
"But why do you hate me?"  --Lord Foul

                                             -alfie-

slerner@sesame.UUCP (Simcha-Yitzchak Lerner) (07/30/85)

> If you type a # it will appear up in the left corner of your screen.
> If you then type the word "dip," and return, you will receive the prompt:
>
> What would like to dip? (letters corresponding to your weapons)
>
> After you give a response, for instance the number of an arrow you
> happen to be holding, you get the return prompt:
>
> What would you like to dip into? (letters corresponding to your potions)
>
> When you give a letter in answer, you get the following message:
>
> Interesting...
>
> But nothing happens!  There are many suppositions here about what this
> could mean, but noone can get it to go any farther.

Perhaps if you dip an arrow in poison it will become more potent?  Ditto
potion of blindness &c.?

--
Opinions expressed are public domain, and do not belong to Lotus
Development Corp.

Simcha-Yitzchak Lerner

              {genrad|ihnp4|ima}!wjh12!talcott!sesame!slerner
                      {cbosgd|harvard}!talcott!sesame!slerner
                                slerner%sesame@harvard.ARPA

sam@bu-cs.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) (07/30/85)

You can #dip your arrows into a potion of poison and it
gives them a +1.  Other than that, I haven't noticed that
dipping anything else does a thing.

Shelli Meyers,
Boston University

huisjes@ark.UUCP (Michiel Huisjes) (08/02/85)

In article <481@h-sc1.UUCP> guy@h-sc1.UUCP (alfred guy) writes:

>Someone here discovered a new possible hack command, and I was wondering
>if anyone out there has tried it, or is interested in "hacking" around
>with it to make something happen.
>
>If you type a # it will appear up in the left corner of your screen.
>If you then type the word "dip," and return, you will receive the prompt:
>
>What would like to dip? (letters corresponding to your weapons)
>
>After you give a response, for instance the number of an arrow you
>happen to be holding, you get the return prompt:
>
>What would you like to dip into? (letters corresponding to your potions)
>
>When you give a letter in answer, you get the following message:
>
>Interesting...
>
>But nothing happens! ......

This is not completely true. The only use I've ever made of this command,
is the following:
You dip a dart or an arrow into a potion. (Don't forget the potions name)
Then you check if the potion is still in your inventory. If it isn't, it
is a potion of posion and your dart or arrow has been enchanted!!!!!
Next time you come across this potion, call it a potion of poison and
enchant your arrows again.
If the potion is still in your inventory, nothing happened.

--

			Michiel Huisjes.  (huisjes@ark.UUCP)
			{seismo|decvax|philabs}!mcvax!vu44!ark!huisjes