[net.games.hack] hack part 3 screwed

ksl@hou2e.UUCP (a hacker) (08/01/85)

I am against postings which ask for repostings,
but I will ask for anyone who has part 3 1.0.2 hack,
if they could please send me that part, or hack.do.c
and after (that's where it's screwed).

Please reply first.

Thanks,
hou2e!ksl

jaap@mcvax.UUCP (Jaap Akkerhuis) (08/06/85)

In article <663@hou2e.UUCP> ksl@hou2e.UUCP (a hacker) writes:
 > I am against postings which ask for repostings,
 > but I will ask for anyone who has part 3 1.0.2 hack,
 > if they could please send me that part, or hack.do.c
 > and after (that's where it's screwed).

There can be problems with hack.

The posting of the update of hack to version 1.03 to all of you just happened
before mcvax!aeb took off to Denmark. Although his login is still on
our machine(s) he is on the moment cut off from the net. This means
that he won't be able to answer any mail.

As soon as he is back on the net, all the queued up mail will be
forwarded, but please, don't send mail to mcvax!aeb (or mcvax!play or whatever).
It will just soak up space on the disk.

To give some info:
	The update script ran over 1.02 and made a working version on the
	3B2 (running SV2), a sun (SUN 1.2) and 4.2BSD (sort of 4.3
	actually). Requests for reposting etc. won't be honoured until 1.04
	comes out.

davidk@dartvax.UUCP (David C. Kovar) (08/08/85)

"Requests for reposting, etc. will not be honored until 1.04 comes out."

Fine, but *please* make sure it *gets* out. 1.03 did not make it to quite
a few sites as far as I can tell. I got all the complaints about it, but
no code. <sigh>

--
David C. Kovar
	    USNET:      {linus|decvax|cornell|astrovax}!dartvax!davidk%amber

"I felt like a punk who'd gone out for a switchblade and come back
 with a tactical nuke.

 'Shit', I thought. 'Screwed again. What good's a tactical nuke in a
  street fight?'"
			"Burning Chrome" by William Gibson