[net.games.hack] Teleporting

nawaf@ut-sally.UUCP (Nawaf Bitar) (03/26/85)

Does anyone know how the ^T works in hack?  A ring of control
teleport doesn't appear to have anything to do with it.

eugene@utcsri.UUCP (Eugene Kligerman) (03/28/85)

In article <1388@ut-sally.UUCP> nawaf@ut-sally.UUCP (Nawaf Bitar) writes:

>Does anyone know how the ^T works in hack?  A ring of control
>teleport doesn't appear to have anything to do with it.

You must have experience level 10 (or more) before you can teleport
by using '^T'.  Note that you use up 100 units of energy (1 food ration =
800 units) so it can get expensive if done often.

--

Eugene Kligerman, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto

UUCP: {linus ihnp4 allegra floyd utzoo cornell decwrl uw-beaver}!utcsri!eugene

kcm@cybvax0.UUCP (Keith C. MacKinnon) (04/02/85)

> *** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***
>
> Does anyone know how the ^T works in hack?  A ring of control
> teleport doesn't appear to have anything to do with it.

   I have found a ring of control once and had eaten a leppy, I put
the ring on and when it was time to teleport I received a message
stating where would you like to go. Moving the cuser around I picked
out a spot but I was only in two rooms and didn't know the maze yet,
and did the dot to put me there and I must of pick an empty spot
because it told me sorry and moved me some where else. So if you
find a ring of teleport control and eat one of the right monsters
you don't have control yet but when you are ready to teleport it will
ask you where to go.

..!kcm
Keith MacKinnon

kumpf@daemen.UUCP (Chumley J. Walrus) (08/01/85)

*** THIS LINE WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN 10 SECONDS ***

       Another animal that teleports you after eating it is a tengue(t).
  It teleports you more often than a Lepruchan. I don't know what level
  these monsters occur at, because I created it with a wand of polymoph
  (from an Jackal (J)).

                        Chumley J.

Present Address:          15 Liberty Terrace
Town,State,Zip Code:      Cheektowaga,New York,14215
Phone:                    (716) 836-0203
UUCP:                     sunybcs!daemen!kumpf
ARPA:                     kumpf%daemen.uucp@buffalo.CSNET@csnet-relay

andrew@orca.UUCP (Andrew Klossner) (08/06/85)

[]

	"Another animal that teleports you after eating it is a
	tengue(t).  It teleports you more often than a Lepruchan."

The three corpses which cause you to teleport are L, N, and t.  All
have identical effect, which is to set the "intrinsic teleport" flag.
It isn't the case that one will teleport you more often than another;
that's just a perceived effect of the pseudo-random number sequence.

All this is true of hack version 1.0.2.  We haven't gotten 1.0.3 up
here yet ...

  -=- Andrew Klossner   (decvax!tektronix!orca!andrew)       [UUCP]
                        (orca!andrew.tektronix@csnet-relay)  [ARPA]

jb@cmu-cs-spice.ARPA (James Burks) (08/10/85)

 Eating a dead tengu does not cause you to teleport more often, it gives you the ability to teleport at will, using the ^T command. If you have already eaten Nymph's or Leprechaun's, you will also occasionally teleport at random.
 Also, if you happen to wield a cursed weapon, and it welds itself to your hand, try engraving, and when it asks you what you want to engrave with, choose the weapon you want to wield, then hit return. You don't have to engrave anything. I always use this rather than wield, because I don't lose a turn changing weapons.

   "You radiate cold shafts of broken glass, O charade you are"
    -Pink Floyd 'Animals'

    Jim