[net.games.hack] Nymphs from Tennesee

travis@cmu-cs-gandalf.ARPA (Ward Travis) (08/12/85)

Whoa, boys and girls! Nows'fer all this name-callin, I'gotsta say ...

Now folks, really. I'm not a Yankee, in fact I hail from a little
town called Boone in North Carolina, and in North Carolina we have a
little bit of a rivalry with Tennessee, e.g. we say they can't drive
right, and they say something back but we can't understand what they say.

I wasn't trying to spark a fight with Tennessee, just pokin' fun with
an old neighbor. And contrary to the song, nothin' beats the belles
of Tennessee.

Ward Travis
(travis@cmu-cs-gandalf.arpa)

peter@baylor.UUCP (Peter da Silva) (08/14/85)

You're all yanks. The south starts at the equator.
--
	Peter da Silva (the mad Australian)
		UUCP: ...!shell!neuro1!{hyd-ptd,baylor,datafac}!peter

wayne@cylixd.UUCP (Wayne Steinmetz) (08/15/85)

Newsgroups: net.games.hack
Subject: Re:Re: Nymphs from Tennesee
In article <286@cmu-cs-gandalf.ARPA> travis@cmu-cs-gandalf.ARPA (Ward Travis) writes:
>						... we say they can't drive
>right, and they say something back but we can't understand what they say.

I'm not so sure I see anything wrong with their driving (I'm a born and
raised NJian - which explains the poking going on here by the way), but
I will agree with the fact that "ya caant undastaind a wad thay say".

>I wasn't trying to spark a fight with Tennessee, just pokin' fun with

Not to worry, this was just an opportunity for us Tennesseyun to let
the NET know we were here (and do our part to clutter it up :-)).

Wayne Steinmetz (at my own terminal)
...!ihnp4!akgub!cylixd!wayne