[net.games.hack] Sources

frederic@ubvax.UUCP (Frederic Bach) (07/04/85)

 	HELP ! I am a rogue addict, and would like to become a hack
	addict too. Anyone out there to send me the sources, and
	a couple of hints to start the game ?
		Thanks,
			and may the force be with you.

				Frederic K. B.

see1@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Cavewoman) (07/13/85)

> From: frederic@ubvax.UUCP (Frederic Bach)
>
> 	HELP ! I am a rogue addict, and would like to become a hack
>	addict too. Anyone out there to send me the sources, and
>	a couple of hints to start the game ?

   Might help if you told us what kind of sources you *need*.  Do you run
4.2 BSD, or something else?

   Also, are you doing this as a personal addiction, or planning to make it
public, or what?  Speaking from experience -- I recently took over the care
and feeding of Hack on Sphinx, as the SA felt it wasn't worth keeping it in
/usr/games, with Rogue -- it may cost more time and money than you can rea-
sonably invest.  (Compilation ate up a lot of my funds, and my storage costs
run to several dollars a day, even removing saved games fairly often...)

   Not that I *regret* it...I'm a Hack addict myself, and it IS an unlimited
account.  But if my boss ever gets a really good idea of what he's paying
for :-) ...

   Anyhow, make your request a little more specific, and be SURE you want it.

--

 Ellen Keyne Seebacher
 ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!see1                     It is later than you think.

kimery@wdl1.UUCP (Sam Kimery) (07/16/85)

> > From: frederic@ubvax.UUCP (Frederic Bach)
> >
> > 	HELP ! I am a rogue addict, and would like to become a hack
> >	addict too. Anyone out there to send me the sources, and
> >	a couple of hints to start the game ?
>
>    Might help if you told us what kind of sources you *need*.  Do you run
> 4.2 BSD, or something else?

The sources as posted to the net in their orginal form ( the might even
contain bug fixes, can't remember which version I saved...) are available
for FTP from this site.

		FORD-WDL1.ARPA

	login as anonymous.

			Sam Kimery

nrh@lzwi.UUCP (N.R.HASLOCK) (08/28/85)

Will some kind, generous keeper of the sources please transmit to
me the sources of 1.0.2 or 1.0.3 preferably adjusted to run
happily under V.2

I even have a directory ready and waiting for them i.e. lznv!/nv1/nrh/rsrc

The sad fact of life is that our feed did not exist until after the
posting of the 1.0.2 files.
{ihnp4|vax135|allegra}!lznv!nrh
	Nigel		The Mad Englishman or
			The Madly Maundering Mumbler in the Wildernesses

Everything you have read here is a figment of your imagination.
Noone else in the universe currently subscribes to these opinions.

"Its the rope, you know. You can't get it, you know."

nrh@lzwi.UUCP (N.R.HASLOCK) (08/30/85)

> Will some kind, generous keeper of the sources please transmit to
> me the sources of 1.0.2 or 1.0.3 preferably adjusted to run
> happily under V.2

A generous person has passed them to me now so thank you everyone else
for ignoring my previous message.