[net.games.hack] questions from a beginner

ksl@hou2e.UUCP (a hacker) (09/05/85)

I have a few questions:
1. Do any of the classes have anything out of the ordinary which
   no other class has?  (excluding equipment differences)

2. In a recent game, I searched for a secret door in the hall, and
   suddenly I was teleported into this room:
	----
	|$B|
	|@$|
	----

	Is this the Secret Vault Room?  Should you follow the guard
	who comes when you try to find a secret door?

	How do you get back into one, and how can you tell if it is
	present?

3. What to things etched in the ground mean?
	(such as  You read "?as ??") (fake writing)

4. What is the use of a camara?

5. Is there any way to keep the dog out of your way?

6. Does your dog have to be next to you in order to follow you to
   the next level?

7. What is "Ksl's ghost"?	(Ksl is me)

Thanks,
hou2e!ksl

ryan@ucla-cs.UUCP (09/09/85)

In article <693@hou2e.UUCP> ksl@hou2e.UUCP (a hacker) writes:
>I have a few questions:
>1. Do any of the classes have anything out of the ordinary which
>   no other class has?  (excluding equipment differences)

-->  The magic user will be able to teleort and use a magic whistle
     after a while

>2. In a recent game, I searched for a secret door in the hall, and
>   suddenly I was teleported into this room:
>	----
>	|$B|
>	|@$|
>	----
>
>	Is this the Secret Vault Room?  Should you follow the guard
>	who comes when you try to find a secret door?
>
>	How do you get back into one, and how can you tell if it is
>	present?

-->   Yes, that is a vault and you can either teleport out or wait for
      the guard and follow him out.

>3. What to things etched in the ground mean?
>	(such as  You read "?as ??") (fake writing)

-->	That means that there is a vault on the level

>4. What is the use of a camara?

-->	It will blind monsters for a while

>5. Is there any way to keep the dog out of your way?
-->	no, just leave him on one level while you go down to the next.
		just dont kill him

>6. Does your dog have to be next to you in order to follow you to
>   the next level?
-->	Yes

>7. What is "Ksl's ghost"?	(Ksl is me)
-->	You must have died in a previous game on that same level...
--

                         Ryan Ramsey

               UCLA Computer Science Department

                            <--->

                     ryan@ucla-locus.arpa

    	..!{sdcrdcf,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!ryan

                  Home Phone - (213) 391-2888