[net.games.hack] Shopkeepers

rick@ucla-cs.UUCP (01/27/85)

<=== Fifi hits -more- ===>
Shopkeepers sure aren't your average, run-of-the-mill monster. They
do no scare too easily because I stood bravely on top of my scare
monster scroll and got the snot pounded out of me. Sigh.
--

			       Rick Gillespie
				  rick@ucla-cs

	"She turned me into a newt! . . . I got better."

dbmk1@stc.UUCP (10/28/85)

My favourite method of cleaning out shopkeepers is to sell them everything I
have, take it back , select anything else I desire and then teleport the hell
out of there.  A particularly effective method for a wizard as you only need
to be level 6 for ^T to work.

Question - does this affect my luck points ??.
--

Regards
  Derek

!seismo!mcvax!ukc!stc!dbmk1

I've heard that re-incarnation is making a come-back.

bi50xrs@sdcc3.UUCP (dragonpup) (11/04/85)

>My favourite method of cleaning out shopkeepers is to sell them everything I
>have, take it back , select anything else I desire and then teleport the hell
>out of there.  A particularly effective method for a wizard as you only need
>to be level 6 for ^T to work.
>
>Question - does this affect my luck points ??.
sure does.  the shopkeeper then comes after you.  then try to find
another shop, and there won't be one for a while.  neither will
there be much food around.  if you teleport out, why not just kill
him with all of your new toys.  then your luck points should
increase.

eli@cvl.UUCP (Eli Liang) (11/06/85)

Wait a moment!  Wouldn't killing a shopkeepers also decrease your luck?!

-eli

Eli Liang  ---
        University of Maryland Computer Vision Lab, (301) 454-4526
        ARPA: eli@cvl, eli@lemuria, eli@mit-mc, eli@mit-prep
        CSNET: eli@cvl  UUCP: {seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!cvl!eli

andrew@orca.UUCP (Andrew Klossner) (11/06/85)

>>My favourite method of cleaning out shopkeepers is to sell them everything I
>>have, take it back , select anything else I desire and then teleport the hell
>>out of there.  A particularly effective method for a wizard as you only need
>>to be level 6 for ^T to work.
>>
>>Question - does this affect my luck points ??.
>sure does.  the shopkeeper then comes after you.  then try to find
>another shop, and there won't be one for a while.  neither will
>there be much food around.  if you teleport out, why not just kill
>him with all of your new toys.  then your luck points should
>increase.

None of this is true.  Teleporting out of a shop does not affect the
generation of shops or food.  And killing any human greatly DECREASES
your luck points.

This applies to hack versions 1.0.2 and 1.0.3.

  -=- Andrew Klossner   (decvax!tektronix!tekecs!andrew)       [UUCP]
                        (tekecs!andrew.tektronix@csnet-relay)  [ARPA]

gts@wjh12.UUCP (G. T. Samson) (11/07/85)

In article <3066@sdcc3.UUCP>, bi50xrs@sdcc3.UUCP (dragonpup) writes:

> >Question - does this affect my luck points ??.
> sure does.  the shopkeeper then comes after you.  then try to find
> another shop, and there won't be one for a while.  neither will
> there be much food around.  if you teleport out, why not just kill
> him with all of your new toys.  then your luck points should
> increase.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

Kill that shopkeeper, and your luck points go straight to ZERO! Zip! Null!
Nothing!  Rien!  Nada!  You'll even lose floating-eye telepathy, if you
had it before you killed the shopkeeper (or guard or any @).

And if you've already done it, DON'T EAT THE CORPSE!!!!  I think it's the
same as having eaten your dog... you become a walking ring of aggravate
monster, and THAT'S no way to survive to the amulet...

Name:		G. T. Samson
Title:		The Evil MicroWizard
Quote:		"No matter where you go...there you are." -- B. Banzai
Other_Quote:	"You speak treason!" "Fluently!" 	  -- The Doctor
ARPA:		gts@wjh12 [preferred] OR samson%h-sc4@harvard
		{PLEASE, don't reply to samson@h-sc1@harvard!!!}
USMail:		Lowell N-43, Harvard U., Cambridge, MA 02138

eli@cvl.UUCP (Eli Liang) (11/08/85)

Ok. Getting no replies the first & second time, I think its time I ask again.
Does anyone, ANYONE, have the sources/diffs to Hack 1.0.3 that they would be
willing to send me.  I'd be willing to pass it on to others who want it.
Boy, is it a bummer running a outdated version...