[net.games.hack] my ghost keeps killing me...

laura@l5.uucp (Laura Creighton) (12/03/85)

I just got hack working on Friday. One weekend later, I have 2 questions.
Are you guaranteed to get a dog-whistle somewhere on level one?  And is
there any sneaky trick to avopid getting killed by your own ghost on level
3 or so?
--
Laura Creighton
sun!l5!laura		(that is ell-five, not fifteen)

In article <306@l5.uucp> laura@l5.uucp (Laura Creighton) writes:
>Are you guaranteed to get a dog-whistle somewhere on level one?

	Not that I know of.

> And is
>there any sneaky trick to avopid getting killed by your own ghost on level
>3 or so?

	Yeah, *run* *away*! The secret(at least until you are really
tough) is to wake up the ghost and get it to chase you to the farthest
corner of the dungeon and then double back and pick up the loot it
left behind. This works 'cause ghosts move only about half speed.
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

ARPA: ttidca!psivax!friesen@rand-unix.arpa

stephen@dcl-cs.UUCP (Stephen J. Muir) (12/06/85)

In article <306@l5.uucp> laura@l5.uucp (Laura Creighton) writes:
>And is there any sneaky trick to avopid getting killed
>by your own ghost on level 3 or so?

Yes.  Get it to follow you up the stairs, lose it and go back down again.
--
UUCP:	...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!stephen
DARPA:	stephen%comp.lancs.ac.uk@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,

robert@fear.UUCP (Robert Plamondon) (12/06/85)

In article <885@psivax.UUCP>, friesen@psivax.UUCP (Stanley Friesen) writes:
> In article <306@l5.uucp> laura@l5.uucp (Laura Creighton) writes:
> > is
> >there any sneaky trick to avopid getting killed by your own ghost on level
> >3 or so?

Play a Tourist and blind the ghost with your camera's flash gun.
(This is the Tourist's solution to all problems.  It works pretty
well.)  You *can* kill ghosts, but it's difficult.  I don't bother.
--

		Robert Plamondon
		UUCP: {turtlevax, resonex, cae780}!weitek!robert

axel@tubswu.UUCP (12/16/85)

>In article <306@l5.uucp> laura@l5.uucp (Laura Creighton) writes:
>>And is there any sneaky trick to avopid getting killed
>>by your own ghost on level 3 or so?

>Yes.  Get it to follow you up the stairs, lose it and go back down again.
It is quite easy to kill ghosts by throwing things (darts, arrows etc.).
You have to do this again and again. After a while it works - and
gets you lots of experience + big treasure !!!!