[net.games.hack] Questions

brett@sigi.UUCP (Brett Reid) (12/31/85)

	I have a couple of questions here.

	1) If you put on a cursed ring, and then read a scroll of uncurse
	   remove the ring, and put it back on, will it still be cursed?

	2) When you put on a ring of warning, what do the various colurs
	   stand for.

	3) Does anyone know how much damage a bolt of fire does?

Any and all answer will be appreciated.

Thanks,

	Brett T. Reid
	University of Boulder, Colorado
	boulder!brett.UUCP

ibyf@ihlpa.UUCP (Scott) (01/03/86)

HEY HACKERS!!!!!

	Does anyone know what a wand of cancellation does?

					Addison
					ihlpa!ibyf

My brother? I always thought of him as mom and dad's science project.

carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) (01/05/86)

In article <> ibyf@ihlpa.UUCP (Scott) writes:
>HEY HACKERS!!!!!
>	Does anyone know what a wand of cancellation does?
>					Addison
The wand of cancellation will nullify special powers of monsters, I think.
So Lepies can't take your gold, Nymphs can't seduce you, Rust monsters can't
damage your armour/helmet/whatever, Umber hulks can't confuse you, tengus
can't teleport (?) and shopkeepers can't stop you from taking all their
items :-).  If there's a wand of paralysation, it would be nice to hit a
shopkeeper with..  Then get the hell out in a hurry..

					Carl Greenberg

In article <980@ihlpa.UUCP> ibyf@ihlpa.UUCP (Scott) writes:
>HEY HACKERS!!!!!
>
>	Does anyone know what a wand of cancellation does?

	Yeah, when you zap a "special" monster with one, it ceases to
be "special". That is if you zap a nymph she can no longer seduce you
and steal something, and if you zap a floatin eye it can no longer
"hold" you and so on.
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

ARPA: ttidca!psivax!friesen@rand-unix.arpa

lrj@lasspvax.UUCP (Lewis R. Jansen) (01/08/86)

In article <408@proper.UUCP> carl@proper.UUCP (Carl Greenberg) writes:
>    ....    If there's a wand of paralysation, it would be nice to hit a
>shopkeeper with..  Then get the hell out in a hurry..
>
>					Carl Greenberg

    Just use a Wand of Sleep.  The shopkeep gets angry at you for zapping him
with a wand, but then goes to sleep.  Advice:  KNOW where the stairs down are
BEFORE doing this.  Also, 'tis healthy to have eveything you want in your hands
before leaving.  You don't get his gold this way, but you can rob him just
the same....

-----
-- Lewis R. Jansen   UUCP:  {decvax,ihnp4,allegra,vax135}!cornell!lasspvax!lrj
     ___.-.___     Bitnet:  uxhj@CornellA.BITNET
   ['  `(o)'  `]     Arpa:  lrj@lasspvax.tn.cornell.edu.ARPA

 Fire for'd phasers!

	      (My opinions are mine alone, but are for sale...)

boomsma@ark.UUCP (Raoul Boomsma) (01/08/86)

>If there's a wand of paralysation, it would be nice to hit a
>shopkeeper with..  Then get the hell out in a hurry..

There is something like a wand of sleep, which has a paralyzing
effect. This is a very difficult way to rob a shop, since the
shopkeeper will block the doorway or stay out off the wand's
rays.
I prefer using a wand of digging or a wand of teleportation, and
sometimes a wand of polymorph can help, but then you'll have to
kill the polymorphed shopkeeper.

Raoul

--

	Raoul Boomsma
	Vrije Universiteit

andrew@hammer.UUCP (Andrew Klossner) (01/11/86)

>>If there's a wand of paralysation, it would be nice to hit a
>>shopkeeper with..  Then get the hell out in a hurry..
>
>There is something like a wand of sleep, which has a paralyzing
>effect. This is a very difficult way to rob a shop, since the
>shopkeeper will block the doorway or stay out off the wand's
>rays.

The easy way is to sleep the shopkeeper *before* you begin looting the
shop.  She doesn't block the door or avoid your wands if you're not
carrying unpaid-for goods.  Wait until she steps onto an empty square
(and is not hiding an item), then blast away.

[Of course, this doesn't help if you didn't bring the wand into the
shop with you.]

  -=- Andrew Klossner   (decvax!tektronix!tekecs!andrew)       [UUCP]
                        (tekecs!andrew.tektronix@csnet-relay)  [ARPA]