[net.games.hack] debug mode

stephen@dcl-cs.UUCP (Stephen J. Muir) (01/09/86)

I think it is very unfair that a single person is allowed to use debug mode as
that person has an advantage: he can try things out in preparation.  On our
machine, I have allowed *anybody* to use debug mode.  I think it is only fair
that others do the same.  (For those who don't realise, you don't get a score
in debug mode.)
--
UUCP:	...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!stephen
DARPA:	stephen%comp.lancs.ac.uk@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,

desj@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (David desJardins) (01/10/86)

In article <910@dcl-cs.UUCP> stephen@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Stephen J. Muir) writes:
>I think it is very unfair that a single person is allowed to use debug mode as
>that person has an advantage: he can try things out in preparation.  On our
>machine, I have allowed *anybody* to use debug mode.  I think it is only fair
>that others do the same.  (For those who don't realise, you don't get a score
>in debug mode.)

   I don't think anybody should be using debug mode.  The game is already too
easy once you find out the tricks; why make it easy for people to experiment?

   -- David desJardins

stephen@dcl-cs.UUCP (Stephen J. Muir) (01/13/86)

In article <11386@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> desj@brahms.UUCP (David desJardins) writes:
>In article <910@dcl-cs.UUCP> stephen@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Stephen J. Muir) writes:
>   I don't think anybody should be using debug mode.  The game is already too
>easy once you find out the tricks; why make it easy for people to experiment?

Oh, come on.  Very few installers of hack can resist the temptation to read the
code, let alone use debug mode.  It's only fair to allow others to as well.