[net.games.hack] Help: request for spoiler.

sas@leadsv.UUCP (Scott Stewart) (01/16/86)

In article <618@tymix.UUCP>, stimac@tymix.UUCP (Michael Stimac) writes:

> 1) I had taken advantage of the postman. Maybe the game punishes the
> player for this by making the real amulet into a fake ???

   What or who is the postman?

   Also, does anyone have a list of ':' commands?

   Also Also, I recently had a strange thing happen to me. I read
   a scroll of punishment but managed to not get the ball and chain
   attached to me because I didn't have the strength to carry it.
   (i.e. I got massage "But you can not carry anymore." Is this a
   bug or a feature?

   Also Also Also, what is a whistle good for? I now have three and
   don't know why I should use them? (By the way, my dog was killed
   on a higher level, and never seemed to respond to the whistle I
   had then anyway.)

   Also Also Also Also, I picked up a long sword that welded to my
   hand. Is there anyway ot remove it? Does it affect my to hit
   roll.?

   Also Also Also Also Also, (the last Also), how can I get the
   extra wish from a wand of wishing? And what is the corect name
   for a ring of teleport control? I tried to wish for one, but got
   a diamond ring instead. And how much energy (food units) does
   wearing different rings use up?

					The Ever Clumsy Gilgabit

mark@mrstve.UUCP (Mark Smith) (01/20/86)

In article <762@leadsv.UUCP>, sas@leadsv.UUCP (Scott Stewart) writes:
> In article <618@tymix.UUCP>, stimac@tymix.UUCP (Michael Stimac) writes:
> >

>    Also Also Also, what is a whistle good for? I now have three and
>    don't know why I should use them? (By the way, my dog was killed
>    on a higher level, and never seemed to respond to the whistle I
>    had then anyway.)

     Your dog must be trained to respond to the whistle.  Blow the whistle
     and wait for the dog to eventually show up.  Feed him and repeat the
     process until he becomes proficient.  Good Luck!!

>    Is there anyway ot remove it? Does it affect my to hit
>    roll.?

    You got hold of a cursed weapon which probably reduced your "to hit"
    by at least one.  A Remove Curse will take it right off.  Also
    engraving with your hands will disarm you of cursed weapons.

--

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  May the Quest for the ElfSword be
  your ultimate goal in life...
					  Mark Smith
      -|=======-   	GM          	  "Game Master of a Higher Order"
					  ihnp4!pur-ee!pur-phy!mrstve!mark

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

stephen@dcl-cs.UUCP (Stephen J. Muir) (01/22/86)

In article <762@leadsv.UUCP> sas@leadsv.UUCP writes:
>In article <618@tymix.UUCP>, stimac@tymix.UUCP (Michael Stimac) writes:
>   Also, does anyone have a list of ':' commands?

pray:
	immobilises you for 3 moves
dip:
	only does anything when an arrow, dart, or crossbow bolt is dipped
	into a potion of sickness -- the potion of sickness disappears and
	the weapon becomes enchanted (+1 is added).  This is a useful way
	to detect potions of sickness!

>   Also Also Also, what is a whistle good for? I now have three and
>   don't know why I should use them? (By the way, my dog was killed
>   on a higher level, and never seemed to respond to the whistle I
>   had then anyway.)

Your dog is supposed to come to you when you whistle.  A *magic* whistle will
teleport your dog(s) to you.

>   Also Also Also Also, I picked up a long sword that welded to my
>   hand. Is there anyway ot remove it? Does it affect my to hit
>   roll.?

Read a scroll of remove curse, or attack a nymph.

>   Also Also Also Also Also, (the last Also), how can I get the
>   extra wish from a wand of wishing? And what is the corect name
>   for a ring of teleport control? I tried to wish for one, but got
>   a diamond ring instead. And how much energy (food units) does
>   wearing different rings use up?

Keep zapping it.  If it has zero charges left, you have a 1/121 chance of
getting the last charge, when the number of charges goes to -1!  A ring uses up
1 extra move's worth every 20 moves (I think).

(hack  1.0.3)
--
UUCP:	...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!stephen
DARPA:	stephen%comp.lancs.ac.uk@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,

huisjes@ark.UUCP (Michiel Huisjes) (01/25/86)

>>    Also Also Also, what is a whistle good for? I now have three and
>>    don't know why I should use them? (By the way, my dog was killed
>>    on a higher level, and never seemed to respond to the whistle I
>>    had then anyway.)
>>
>     Your dog must be trained to respond to the whistle.  Blow the whistle
>     and wait for the dog to eventually show up.  Feed him and repeat the
>     process until he becomes proficient.  Good Luck!!

This is not true. There are two types of whistles. One which does nothing
(except waking monsters) and another which has an obvious effect (you will find
out). There is however a way to train your dog. You can throw away an arrow,
let your dog fetch it, throw it away again etc. The effect of this is that your
dog will stay closer to you for a certain amount of moves. When you have got
one or more tripe rations, he will stay closer to you as well.
--

			Michiel Huisjes.  (huisjes@ark.UUCP)
			{seismo|decvax|philabs}!mcvax!vu44!ark!huisjes