[net.games.hack] Where can we get Hack?

dyer@atari.UUcp (Landon Dyer) (02/21/86)

We've been reading net.games.hack.  It sounds like a /really/ neat
game -- where can we get a copy?  What does it run on?

                                   hplabs!topaz\
                                  fluke.uucp!sun\
{ihnp4 | decvax | allegra}!seismo!umcp-cs!gymble!lll-crg!vecpyr!atari!dyer
                                          seismo/
                                           well/
                                        qantel/
                             qantel!qplx!dual/

keld@diku.UUCP (Keld J|rn Simonsen) (02/22/86)

If you are an EUUG member, you can order it from the EUUG software
distribution centre at mcvax. It comes on the EUUG.D8 distribution
tape in tar format, 1600 fpi, 2400' reel, together with about
20 Mb other Public Domain or freeware software (including emacs).
it costs about 120 NLG (~ 40 USD), and is available to USENIX
members too from mcvax, or maybe from the USENIX office.

The hack on this tape is hack.1.0.3 and runs on most unix systems.
There have been some problems reports for small SV systems, see
other articles in this newsgroups for further info.

tapes may be ordered from Frakn Kuiper, CWI, Kruislaan 413, NL-1098
SJ Amsterdam, Nederlands. or his email adr: frankk@mcvax.uucp

robert@fear.UUCP (Robert Plamondon) (02/24/86)

In article <116@atari.UUcp>, dyer@atari.UUcp (Landon Dyer) writes:
> We've been reading net.games.hack.  It sounds like a /really/ neat
> game -- where can we get a copy?  What does it run on?

PC-HACK can be downloaded from my BBS, the WYRLD WYRM BBS,
at (408) 263-8134.  It should run on any MS-DOS machine with ANSI.SYS
and enough (256k? I can't remember) memory.  The BBS runs 24 hours,
except in the wee hours between 12:30am and 2:30 am. You can download
it at 1200 or 300 baud, but I don't recommend 300 buad, since the
files are very large.  They're contained in and ARC archive -- if you
don't have ARC.EXE, you should download it as well.

There are other bulletin boards that carry it as well. No doubt some
will post their whereabouts.
--

	Robert Plamondon
	UUCP: {turtlevax, cae780}!weitek!robert

	"The contest goes not always to the strong, nor the race
	 to the swift -- but that's the way to bet."

	Disclaimer: It wasn't me! The check is in the mail! They made me do
	it! It was an accident!