[net.games.hack] Wand of teleportation

d2b-pk@luth2.UUCP (03/06/86)

In article <789@im4u.UUCP> barnett@im4u.UUCP (Lewis Barnett) writes:
>As for the wand of teleportation, as far as I know, that only works
>on *other* creatures, not the Hacker himself.
>(Unless you can bounce it off the wall at yourself.  Anyone know if
>this works?)

No. The only way to (indirect) use a wand of teleportation on yourself
is if you have read a scroll of punishment, and zap's the wand on the
heavy iron ball. This will cause the ball to teleport away, with you
following. (This is the only good use of a heavy iron ball that i have
found -- It's another way of getting out of a shop).

-- Per Kaerrman  (seismo!mcvax!luth!luth2!d2b-pk (UUCP))
   University of Lulea, Sweden

barnett@im4u.UUCP (Lewis Barnett) (03/08/86)

In article <280@luth2.UUCP> d2b-pk@luth2.UUCP (Per K{rrman) writes:
>The only way to (indirect) use a wand of teleportation on yourself
>is if you have read a scroll of punishment, and zap's the wand on the
>heavy iron ball. This will cause the ball to teleport away, with you
>following. (This is the only good use of a heavy iron ball that i have
>found -- It's another way of getting out of a shop).
>
>-- Per Kaerrman  (seismo!mcvax!luth!luth2!d2b-pk (UUCP))
>   University of Lulea, Sweden
This is very interesting -- I knew you could throw the ball and be yanked
along, but this is the first I had heard of teleporting it away and
and following it.  However, I must differ on the utility of the heavy
iron ball.  Wield it as a weapon;  it makes a two handed sword look
like a willow wand!

Lewis Barnett,CS Dept, Painter Hall 3.28, Univ. of Texas, Austin, TX 78712

"Frankly, there's something about reality that gives me the shivering willies!"
						-- Hank the Hallucination --

-- barnett@im4u.UTEXAS.EDU, barnett@im4u.UUCP,
      {ihnp4,harvard,seismo,gatech,ctvax}!im4u!barnett