[net.games.hack] Heavy iron balls

gaynor@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Silver) (11/02/85)

** Replace this line with your Line-Eating Bug's favorite snack. **

I recently had the fortune of finding two scrolls of punishment.  After
reading one, I was blessed with our favorite weapon.  Just for kicks
(as I was doing poorly anyway), I read the other scroll.  Guess what?

              Heavy Iron Ball   =>    Very Heavy Iron Ball

                     O                         O
                     O                         O
                     O                         O
                     O                         O
                     O                         O
                     O                         O
                     O                         O
                     O                         O
                     O                         O
                     O                         O
                    _^_                        O
                   /   \                     _/ \_
                  |     |                   /     \
                   \___/                   |       |
                                            \_____/

I haven't had the chance to find out if the effect accumulates even more.  I
would suppose that the ball now hits even harder, but it definitely drags you
farther when thrown.

Neat, eh?

Silver
| ARPA: Gaynor@rutgers					        |
| UUCP: (ihnp4!ut-sally, siesmo, allegra!packard) !topaz!gaynor |

fox@daemen.uucp (Merlin) (03/12/86)

In article <280@luth2.UUCP>, d2b-pk@luth2.UUCP writes:
> This is the only good use of a heavy iron ball that i have
> found .

 Another use of heavy iron balls would be to pick it up and throw it onto
the monster, it will usually kill the lower lever monster if it hits.

 Of course I do suggest that you wait until the monster is next to you
before you throw it........

                         Merlin

UUCP : decvax!sunybcs!daemen!fox
       inhp4!kitty!daemen!fox