[net.games.hack] bad advice WARNING: ***SPOILER***

ray@utcsri.UUCP (Raymond Allen) (03/24/86)

In article <3385@sun.uucp> falk@sun.uucp (Ed Falk) writes:
>Remember when I warned everybody not to believe everything I
>say?  Well I was right.  It turns out that you can STILL die
>from eating tainted meat, even if you've got poison resistance.
>I think the reasons I survived before were that I drank potions
>of medicine and/or healing as soon as I got the warning message

	This is all true BUT, in version 1.0.3 of hack, if you eat
a tripe ration after eating tainted meat AND you vomit then you
will see the message "What a relief" and you will not die from
food poisoning.  This is an alternate way of saving yourself.

	I found this out by peeking at the code.  (So 20 lashes with
a wet noodle are in order.)
--
Ray Allen  | "A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
utcsri!ray | - Oscar Wilde as quoted in "Parachutes & Kisses" by Erica Jong