[net.games.hack] Polymorphing ****MAJOR SPOILER WARNING****

e65138@dartvax.UUCP (Paula Brittingham) (03/25/86)

>>In article <187@moncol.UUCP> john@moncol.UUCP writes:
>>>Something odd happened to me in a recent game that I was hoping someone on
>>>of polymorph and I had polymorphed the 'h' into a nurse.
>>>With only a couple of hit points left, I was hit by the nurse. Instead of
>>>getting better, however, I was killed.
>I have successfully utilised a wand of polymorph to do some fun things.  My
>dog has been a fog cloud, a Gnome, a long worm, and a demon before.  I liked
>it best when he was a demon- made for a really nasty pet.  And it still ate
>tripe rations.  When I turned a shopkeeper into a quivering blob, he still
>got angry, but when I killed him I had an ordinary corpse...  With all the
>gold, of course, hee hee.  Didn't lose any powers, either, I don't think.

There are better uses for polymorph wands.  use them to polymorph unusable
corpses into edible food.  Use them on rings and wands to get the desired
type.  I find that zapping wands until I find a wand of wishing, or more
wands of polymorph, works wonders for exploring the lower levels.  you'll
see what I mean if you try it.