[net.games.hack] Poison resistance?

webster@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU (03/21/86)

I had a great game going ... I had just eaten a dragon ...
I was now immune both to fire and to poison, right? two levels
later I was murdered by a pair of scorpions - two stings and
98 hit points, 18/** strength, and -2 armor class was all for nought.

Does this make sense to any one out there?

bruce@stc.UUCP (03/26/86)

In article <101400013@uiucdcs> webster@uiucdcs.UUCP writes:
>I had a great game going ... I had just eaten a dragon ...
>I was now immune both to fire and to poison, right? two levels
>later I was murdered by a pair of scorpions - two stings and
>98 hit points, 18/** strength, and -2 armor class was all for nought.
>
>Does this make sense to any one out there?

As far as I know you've got to eat a giant scorpion or a killer bee
to become immune to poison.

--

Regards,
Bruce Munro.  <bruce@stc.UUCP>