[net.games.hack] Dag nabbit - Here we go again!

joe@oucs.UUCP (Joseph Judge) (03/20/86)

	OK here I am again. This is my status this week:
I still have the teleport control ring (yes, I am wearing it)
I had a scroll of teleportation.
I had booze & confusion potions
I drank the booze,read the scroll & poof - on level 7 without being asked
where to land!!!
I later tried drinking the confusion potion, read the scroll & poof
landed on level 15 w/o being asked.

Am I doing something wrong ?
This is driving me nuts!
I simply cannot get past level 28!!!

--
Joseph Judge
ihnp4!{amc1,cbdkc1,cbosgd,cuuxb,}!oucs!joe

Nur mit dir.

darrell@sdcsvax.UUCP (Darrell Long) (03/23/86)

In article <202@oucs.UUCP> joe@oucs.UUCP (Joseph Judge) writes:

>	OK here I am again. This is my status this week:
>I still have the teleport control ring (yes, I am wearing it)
>I had a scroll of teleportation.
>I had booze & confusion potions
>I drank the booze,read the scroll & poof - on level 7 without being asked
>where to land!!! ...

Are you running HACK 1.0.3?  The older versions of HACK did not have
Hell, the wizard and Cerberus.

--
Darrell Long
University of California, San Diego

UUCP: sdcsvax!darrell
ARPA: darrell@sdcsvax

geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) (03/24/86)

In article <1603@sdcsvax.UUCP> darrell@sdcsvax.UUCP (Darrell Long) writes:

> Are you running HACK 1.0.3?  The older versions of HACK did not have
> Hell, the wizard and Cerberus.

At least 1.0.2 has it (I've been there).  I don't know about pre-1.0.2.
--

	Geoff Kuenning
	{hplabs,ihnp4}!trwrb!desint!geoff

sam@bu-cs.UUCP (03/25/86)

In article <1603@sdcsvax.UUCP> darrell@sdcsvax.UUCP (Darrell Long) writes:
>In article <202@oucs.UUCP> joe@oucs.UUCP (Joseph Judge) writes:
>>
>>	OK here I am again. This is my status this week:
>>I still have the teleport control ring (yes, I am wearing it)
>>I had a scroll of teleportation.
>>I had booze & confusion potions
>>I drank the booze,read the scroll & poof - on level 7 without being asked
>>where to land!!! ...
>
>Are you running HACK 1.0.3?  The older versions of HACK did not have
>Hell, the wizard and Cerberus.

This is not true.  What he did should have worked perfectly well in
version 1.0.2.  (Who's Cerberus?  Is that 1.0.3's name for 1.0.2's
hell hound?)  Anyway, his problem must be somewhere else.  Sorry that
I don't know WHERE... :-|

Shelli Meyers                               |
UUCP: ...!harvard!bu-cs!sam                 | "Roads?  Where we're going,
ARPA: sam%bu-cs.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa      |   we don't need roads..."
REAL LIFE: I dunno.  Somewhere in Boston.   |

merlin@hope.UUCP (03/26/86)

Are you sure you're wearing a ring of teleport control,
and not a ring of teleportation.