[net.games.hack] "re: teleport control"

188622462@excalibur.UUCP (03/28/86)

In article <2354@utcsri.UUCP> chai@utflis.UUCP writes:
>In article <1291@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU> jbs@mit-eddie.UUCP (Jeff Siegal) writes:
>>Also, is there any way to replace the functionality of a ring of
>>teleport control?
>
>Nope.
>
>Henry Chai ( guest on suran@utcsri )

Not entirely true.  For hack 1.0.2, anyway, I have eaten a leprachaun, then
started teleporting at random times to random places, until I hit experience
level 8-10.  Then all of a sudden, I started getting "Where would you like to
teleport to?".  I think the level of this starting is determined by your class.
As a caveman, it started at level 10, as a wizard, I think it was level 8.

"The leprachaun hits! Your purse feels lighter."

Strange, I have had that happen in real life too.
Did I ever tell you about the time I got hit by a pick-pocket on St. Patrick's
Day?
--
Rick Greene
      ...!ihnp4!psuvax1!vu-vlsi!excalibur!188622462