[net.games.hack] "who is croesus?"

188622462@excalibur.UUCP (Greene T Richard) (03/28/86)

In article <2598@genat.UUCP> phoenix@genat.UUCP (phoenix) writes:
>If you *can* teleport, to get the guards to leave you alone until you teleport
>with your ill-gotten gains back to the main complex, simply tell them when
>they ask your name that it is:  "Croesus".  The derivation of this is very
>obvious.
>
>                                       The Phoenix

Sorry, but I must be dumb or something.  What is the derivation of "Croesus"?
I have tried to twist its pronunciation, its spelling, and I even tried the
mirror-image word "sus3o*)" and didn't com up with anything.
                        ^can't do a bakcwards r without graphics

FYI, I once had fun polymorphing my dog.  First he changed into a acid blob,
then a leprachaun, then a little dog again, finally I saw a new (to me) monster.
Ever have a pet zruty?  I named him "Ain't_Nothing_But_A_Hound_Dog", haven't
heard of any of our players running into him, yet.

Any news on where to get hack 1.0.3 for a DEC Vax 11785?

Nothing Happens

--
Rick Greene
      ...!ihnp4!psuvax1!vu-vlsi!excalibur!188622462