[net.games.hack] #sort

kyrimis@tilt.FUN (Kriton Kyrimis) (03/23/86)

In article <2597@genat.UUCP> phoenix@genat.UUCP () writes:
>There is one more "#" command that I know of, besides #dip and #pray, and
>that is #sort which sorts your inventory by type of object, ie. all weapons
>are at the head of your inventory and all gems are at the bottom, etc.

This command should only exist in some modified 1.0.2 versions.
--

	Kriton	(princeton!tilt!kyrimis)
------

phoenix@genat.UUCP (phoenix) (03/27/86)

In article <397@tilt.FUN> kyrimis@tilt.UUCP (Kriton ) writes:
>In article <2597@genat.UUCP> phoenix@genat.UUCP () writes:
>>There is one more "#" command that I know of, besides #dip and #pray, and
>>that is #sort which sorts your inventory by type of object, ie. all weapons
>>are at the head of your inventory and all gems are at the bottom, etc.
>>

>This command should only exist in some modified 1.0.2 versions.
>--
>
>	Kriton	(princeton!tilt!kyrimis)

I am using 1.0.3 and #dip, #pray, and #sort all work.
--
					The Phoenix
					(Neither Bright, Dark, nor Young)

---"A man should live forever...or die trying."
---"There is no substitute for good manners...except fast reflexes."
---"Never appeal to a man's "better nature".  He may not have one.
    Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage."

kyrimis@tilt.FUN (Kriton Kyrimis) (03/28/86)

In article <2617@genat.UUCP> phoenix@genat.UUCP () writes:
>>>There is one more "#" command that I know of, besides #dip and #pray, and
>>>that is #sort which sorts your inventory by type of object, ie. all weapons
>>>are at the head of your inventory and all gems are at the bottom, etc.
>>
>>This command should only exist in some modified 1.0.2 versions.
>
>I am using 1.0.3 and #dip, #pray, and #sort all work.

Then you are using a modified 1.0.3 version. The  point  is  that
the  #sort command was part of an enhancement that was posted for
version 1.0.2, and which didn't make its way  in  1.0.3  (vanilla
1.0.3  doesn't  have  it,  so Andries probably didn't like it). I
don't know how your version got to have it, but it's either  left
over  from  1.0.2  when you upgraded, or the person who maintains
hack at your site chose to implement this in the new  version  as
well.
--

	Kriton	(princeton!tilt!kyrimis)
------
"Is it you, timelord?"
"As far as I know, there is no one except you and me here, so it *must* be me!"
------