[net.games.hack] Dang nab monsters, get me all the time

joe@oucs.UUCP (Joseph Judge) (03/17/86)

   Howdy, its me again - the one who was "Stuck on Level 29" I got some more
questions.

	a) I cannot zap my wishing wand anymore ( I only did it once). Must
	be the nurse I accidently bumped into (dead). I think I have to feed
	the unicorn. How??? With what??? Those things are hard to corner, much
	less find!

	b) I've gotten down a bit farther. By going up one level and dropping
	thru a trap door. (Remember my game is alternating between mazes and
	regular levels) Every now and again. I could drop down two levels or so.
	BUT now I'm on a maze level, the one above is also, as is the one before
	that. How do I get farther??? I have a ring of teleport control. It
	allows me to specify where to teleport to (when fate teleports me). I
	have gotten drunk & read the teleportation scroll. BUT** i was not asked
	to specify anything!!! Any hints on how to get down.

	I would like to wish for a pickaxe (if someone could tell me how to dig
	downwards) so I could drop down. BUT I need to use my wishing wand, so
	I need to get my luck back up (??) by feeding a unicorn (??) but I
	don't know what they eat (carrots ??) ( they didn't like the banana,
	just disappeared!)

	Bang mang!!!! Hilfe mir!!!! SOS!!!
	I'm dying (of boredom of maze levels)

	Terima kasih,
		Joseph Judge

--
Joseph Judge
C.S Department

All the same, we take our chances,
Laughed at by time, tricked by circumstances,
Plus ca change, Plus c'est la meme chose.

e65138@dartvax.UUCP (Paula Brittingham) (03/19/86)

In article <170@oucs.UUCP> joe@oucs.UUCP (Joseph Judge) writes:

>   Howdy, its me again - the one who was "Stuck on Level 29" I got some more
>questions.
>
>	a) I cannot zap my wishing wand anymore ( I only did it once). Must
>	be the nurse I accidently bumped into (dead). I think I have to feed
>	the unicorn. How??? With what??? Those things are hard to corner, much
>	less find!

You probably got ahold of one that had already been used twice.  However, I
have heard a rumor about the fourth wish, so keep trying.  I don't think the
dead nurse had anything to do with it, unless you killed her.  Unicorns like
gems, but only the real McCoy.  They are hard to get to, but I found that
teleport and tele-control help.

>	b) I've gotten down a bit farther. By going up one level and dropping
>	thru a trap door. (Remember my game is alternating between mazes and
>	regular levels) Every now and again. I could drop down two levels or so.
>	BUT now I'm on a maze level, the one above is also, as is the one before
>	that. How do I get farther??? I have a ring of teleport control. It
>	allows me to specify where to teleport to (when fate teleports me). I
>	have gotten drunk & read the teleportation scroll. BUT** i was not asked
>	to specify anything!!! Any hints on how to get down.
>
>	I would like to wish for a pickaxe (if someone could tell me how to dig
>	downwards) so I could drop down. BUT I need to use my wishing wand, so
>	I need to get my luck back up (??) by feeding a unicorn (??) but I
>	don't know what they eat (carrots ??) ( they didn't like the banana,
>	just disappeared!)

You have the right intentions, and perhaps you have run across a bug.  Are
you sure you were wearing the ring of tele-control at the time of reading
the scroll?

phoenix@genat.UUCP (phoenix) (03/20/86)

In article <170@oucs.UUCP> joe@oucs.UUCP (Joseph Judge) writes:

>   Howdy, its me again - the one who was "Stuck on Level 29" I got some more
>questions.
>
>	a) I cannot zap my wishing wand anymore ( I only did it once). Must
>	be the nurse I accidently bumped into (dead). I think I have to feed
>	the unicorn. How??? With what??? Those things are hard to corner, much
>	less find!

What to do with unicorns:  throw a gem at them, worthless or priceless is
irrelevant.  You can do it from a distance.

--
					The Phoenix
					(Neither Bright, Dark, nor Young)

---"A man should live forever...or die trying."
---"There is no substitute for good manners...except fast reflexes."

merlin@hope.UUCP (Mike Sullivan) (03/22/86)

> In article <170@oucs.UUCP> joe@oucs.UUCP (Joseph Judge) writes:
> >
> >   Howdy, its me again - the one who was "Stuck on Level 29" I got some more
> >questions.
> >
> >	a) I cannot zap my wishing wand anymore ( I only did it once). Must
> >	be the nurse I accidently bumped into (dead). I think I have to feed
> >	the unicorn. How??? With what??? Those things are hard to corner, much
> >	less find!
>
> You probably got ahold of one that had already been used twice.  However, I
> have heard a rumor about the fourth wish, so keep trying.  I don't think the
> dead nurse had anything to do with it, unless you killed her.  Unicorns like
> gems, but only the real McCoy.  They are hard to get to, but I found that
> teleport and tele-control help.
>

> >	b) I've gotten down a bit farther. By going up one level and dropping
> >	thru a trap door. (Remember my game is alternating between mazes and
> >	regular levels) Every now and again. I could drop down two levels or so.
> >	BUT now I'm on a maze level, the one above is also, as is the one before
> >	that. How do I get farther??? I have a ring of teleport control. It
> >	allows me to specify where to teleport to (when fate teleports me). I
> >	have gotten drunk & read the teleportation scroll. BUT** i was not asked
> >	to specify anything!!! Any hints on how to get down.
> >
> >	I would like to wish for a pickaxe (if someone could tell me how to dig
> >	downwards) so I could drop down. BUT I need to use my wishing wand, so
> >	I need to get my luck back up (??) by feeding a unicorn (??) but I
> >	don't know what they eat (carrots ??) ( they didn't like the banana,
> >	just disappeared!)
>
> You have the right intentions, and perhaps you have run across a bug.  Are
> you sure you were wearing the ring of tele-control at the time of reading
> the scroll?

Well, I don't believe that killing
nurses affects your luck.  Eating them
or a dead human does, however.

About that wishing wand:Did it say
"Nothing Happens" or "Unfortunately
Nothing Happens" when you zapped it?
"Unfortunately" means your luck is bad,
while nothing happens means it's empty(
you can usually get another wish if
you zap it enough times, however.)

Try feeding the unicorns any gem that
you have not identified as worthless.
That should make both it and you quite
happy.

Sorry for the awkward answers, but here's
another one:  Sometimes booze does not
confuse you enough to screw up your
scroll reading.  The only sure way is
to drink a potion of confusion.  Make
sure you're fire resistant first, before
you teleport down!

    Merlin

    "Please don't ask for credit as a
     punch in the mouth often offends."

her3@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Benjamin 'Drew' Herman) (03/29/86)

While playing the other day someone was hacking it out with the wizard and
commented to me that an unidentified gem raises your luck a *little*.
However, if you identify  gem and it is *not* a worthless peice of glass
it raises you luck alot ( I think she said 4 points but I'm not sure).
now I Identified some gems and when you through worthless glass at a unicorn
they skoff at you 'the unicorn doesn't want your junk!'. so identifying gems
can be a curse in that once you've identified the gems they will never raise
you luck it they are worthless.

-Drew
her3@uchicago.bitnet
--- dont blame me. I make this stuff up as I go along---