[net.games.hack] Naming things

sam@bu-cs.UUCP (03/25/86)

In article <1883@hammer.UUCP> andrew@hammer.UUCP (Andrew Klossner) writes:

>Of course, if you have a two-handed sword you want to call it "Orcrist".

No, no, no, you want to name your LONG SWORD Orcrist.

Shelli Meyers                               |
UUCP: ...!harvard!bu-cs!sam                 | "Roads?  Where we're going,
ARPA: sam%bu-cs.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa      |   we don't need roads..."
REAL LIFE: I dunno.  Somewhere in Boston.   |

bruce@stc.UUCP (03/27/86)

In article <302@bu-cs.UUCP> sam@bu-cs.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) writes:
>In article <1883@hammer.UUCP> andrew@hammer.UUCP (Andrew Klossner) writes:
>>
>>Of course, if you have a two-handed sword you want to call it "Orcrist".
>
>No, no, no, you want to name your LONG SWORD Orcrist.

No, no, no, Andrew was right, it's the two-handed sword.
--

Regards,
Bruce Munro.  <bruce@stc.UUCP>

rossj@dartvax.UUCP (Ross Jacobs) (03/31/86)

In article <302@bu-cs.UUCP> sam@bu-cs.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) writes:
>In article <1883@hammer.UUCP> andrew@hammer.UUCP (Andrew Klossner) writes:
>>
>>Of course, if you have a two-handed sword you want to call it "Orcrist".
>

>No, no, no, you want to name your LONG SWORD Orcrist.
    Actually, *any* weapon can be named Orcrist and you will still get the
hefty increase damage points vs. orcs. This includes maces, bows, heavy iron
balls, crysknives, etc. The only problem with arrows/darts/sling bullets is
when you decide to call the whole load of them Orcrist, only the first one
you shoot/throw will be Orcristed.

     Just in case anyone is on a low level and has a ring of fire resistance,
orcs (and for that matter, killer bees) HATE fire. So, zap your wand of fire
happily away (one bolt will take out 2 orcs or one killer bee), or get confused
and read a scroll of fire (hence the need for fire resistance)--that should
take a whole load of them out.

                                          -Ross
--

Oh, we're the boys of the chorus      | Ross Jacobs
We hope you like our show             | {ihnp4,decvax,linus}!dartvax!rossj