[net.games.hack] How do I deal with a room full of ghosts?

install@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (03/27/86)

I'm running 1.0.3 on a UNIX PC and I've got a Level-1 room I keep starting
in which is getting more and more full of ghosts of myself.  I can't seem to
get rid of this bad memory by quitting or by running back up the stairs the
way I used to in earlier versions.

Does anyone have hints about this situation, or about dealing with ghosts in
general?  Why is it so hard (for some characters, apparently impossible) to
hit my own ghost?  What is the treatment of the stuff found with the ghost?
What are some strategies you folks have used?

Reply by mail, and if the response warrants, I'll post a spoiler.

				Kevin O'Gorman
				...{ihnp4,hjuxa}!wcom!kosman!install

wohler@sri-spam.ARPA (Bill Wohler) (03/31/86)

In article <22@kosman.UUCP>, Kevin O'Gorman writes:
> Does anyone have hints about this situation, or about dealing with ghosts in
> general?  Why is it so hard (for some characters, apparently impossible) to
> hit my own ghost?  What is the treatment of the stuff found with the ghost?
> What are some strategies you folks have used?

ghosts have a armor class of -8 or so which makes them fairly resilient
to shots to the groin.  i ran into a morgue deep down
and was able to wale on the ghosts with a stroke or two (+5 two handed
sword, strength of 18/**).  barring that, run away from them--they
don't move very fast.

					--bw